10 QUICK WAYS TO
PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE
By Merle http://MCPromotionsPress.com
Think fast! If I asked you to quickly name ten things you could do to
promote your website, what would you say? If you're like most online
entrepreneurs thinking off the top of your head, you wouldn't make it past
two or three. Allow me to help; here are ten quickie tips to get the word
out on your site.
1) Publish an Ezine: The only way to collect email addresses of your
website visitors and build your own opt-in list is with your own ezine. If
you're not publishing, I strongly suggest you start and add a sign up box in
the upper right hand corner of every page in your site. To learn more about
2) Use P.P.C: That's "Pay Per Click," for all you newbies out there.
If you're not using Google and Overture you need to open an account today.
By bidding into the top three positions you'll enjoy mass exposure on many
of the other top search engines like Yahoo.
To keep costs down, use two and three word phrases and try to stay away from
the most popular ones.
To learn more about pay per clicks go to:
3) Swap Links: You've heard it before but it bears repeating: find
other related sites and swap links with them. Not only
will it give you a slight boost with the search engines, but it will also
enhance your site for your guests by giving them more
related resources to explore.
Check out http://LinkPartners.com
4) Buy Ezine Ads: Ezine Advertising is popular because it works. Look
for top spots and solo ads for best response rates. Check out:
5) Swap Ezine Ads: If you publish an ezine, and you should, find
other publishers to swap ads with for some free advertising.
Make sure these publications appeal to your target market.
Take a look at:
6) Discussion Boards: Participating in online discussion boards and
posting helpful resources with a good signature line is a great way to
increase your traffic. My personal favorite is
7) Write Articles: Write short articles such as this one and
distribute them to article lists and other ezine publishers for possible
inclusion in their ezines. Try to keep them short under 500 words.
8) Press Releases: Try to come up with a news angle for your site and
compose a press release and submit it to the media. If just one person picks
up your story you can get a large amount
9) Promotional Products: Have pens, pencils, notepads and other
promotional items printed up with your url and give them away.
Get URL plates for your car at:
10) Affiliate Program: If you sell a product consider starting your
own affiliate program where others sell for you and you pay them a
commission. Check out:
Contrary to popular belief, if you build it they will *not come* -- at
least, not without promotional effort on your end. Do it daily and before
long you'll see an upswing in your traffic and hopefully a little more cash
in your pocket.
"Where some of the BEST Deals in Ezine Advertising are Made"
Buy & Sell Ezine Ads in a live auction setting!
Publishers sell off your excess inventory and Buyers pick up some Fantastic
bargains. Free E-book on how to write "glowing" ezine ads.....Download Now